July 23, 2008
FileWorks Announces the Distribution of Scanning 2.2
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nevada —
FileWorks today announced a new 2.2 update for its free proprietary scanning software. The new upgrade includes:
- the ability to add a folder while indexing scanned documents
- a Reset button for easy recovery if a file becomes corrupt while scanning
- auto-indexing if files are not indexed under the Index tab
- a warning message if the Index tab is skipped and user tries to upload files
- other minor interface adjustments for easier viewing and use
"We continue to refine the scanning software to help our clients make a smooth transition from paper document to online storage," said FileWorks CEO Alan Shaw. "Robust, but simple-to-use, scanning software contributes to the client's success in making the conversion to a streamlined, digital office."
FileWorks Scanning Software works with the client's scanner (using the TWAIN interface) to convert paper documents to digital files in a quick-and-easy three step process. During the scanning process, the digital files are uploaded directly to the client's FileWorks Online account.
FileWorks has offered the scanning software since the introduction of its online document management and storage system, FileWorks Online.
Since 1997, FileWorks™ has provided secure enterprise content management solutions for regulated industries, such as healthcare, where data security is critical. iFile™, the company's flagship product, is an enterprise-wide, scalable software and hardware solution for imaging and workflow that allows controlled, auditable user access to sensitive data. FileWorks Online™ is an online document management and secure storage site developed for any size company without requiring the capital investment in servers and equipment. Contacts
(877) 345-3967 Len.Mayo@FileWorks.com